Southwestern Law School offers an exceptional opportunity for an individual seeking a career in higher education and administrative services. The Admissions Assistant will be a member of a dynamic group of dedicated higher education professionals who are responsible for Southwestern’s Juris Doctorate programs. The Admissions Office oversees processing student applications, counseling prospective students and applicants regarding the admissions process, and many special projects as needed. The office also conducts receptions both on- and off-campus for prospective students and accepted applicants.
The successful candidate will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision and able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the front reception desk of the Admissions office by greeting students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Conducting one-on-one/small group campus and housing tours
- Providing excellent customer service and light admissions counseling to prospective students via phone, email, or in-person
- Managing moderate to high volumes of phone calls from prospective students
- Answering emails regarding general Admissions questions
- Data entry, processing applications, and report generation
- Preparing and managing shipments of recruitment materials to events
- Document preparation including word processing and proofreading
- Preparing check requests, invoice vouchers, and weekly reports for the Accounting department
- Participation during weekend/weeknight on-campus events for prospective students
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with one year experience in higher education admissions, administrative services, or student services; however, combined work experience/education may be substituted.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal, service, and verbal/written communication skills; ability to promote professional office environment and provide exceptional applicant-centered assistance; good judgment; strong organizational and planning abilities; ability to work with a diverse group of people; ability to execute high level multi-tasking, proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel), desktop publishing, e-mail and internet usage.
Applicants must be able to work some weeknights and weekends, as needed, for special events.
To be considered for this position, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.