Southwestern Law School offers an excellent career opportunity for an individual interested in higher education technical support, user assistance and training. The ideal candidate will be a versatile self-starter who is able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully while interacting with a variety of constituencies.
This is a Tier 1 support position and information technology generalist who directly supports the Southwestern Law School community while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for handling daily traffic of incoming technology problems, audiovisual setups, and questions via telephone, e-mail, ticket system, and face-to-face interaction. The Customer Care Technician is a frontline position that utilizes his or her intimate knowledge of computing systems to identify problems and draw valid conclusion through logical reasoning.
- Provide technical support while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Create, update, prioritize, and track customer problems using a ticket system.
- Resolve problems in person, telephone, email, or through a remote support session.
- Resolve less complex problems immediately and escalate more complex problems to the lead customer care technician or supervisor.
- Perform general maintenance tasks, customer account management, troubleshoot and repair of computer systems, and applications and peripheral equipment maintenance throughout the school.
- Keep up-to-date on security threats and assist in operating system and application patching.
- Utilize online resources/tools to supplement the troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
- Follow and maintain Customer Care and Network Operations standards, policies, and procedures.
- Interact with Network Operations and Application Development teams to maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintain a knowledge base to promote customer self-support.
- Keep abreast of the health and stability of all Information Technology services and issues timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
- Ensure computer labs are well maintained.
- Install, configure, and support Examplify test taking software.
- Train, schedule, and supervise audiovisual and computer lab work study assistants.
- Provide audiovisual and technology training to faculty, students, and staff.
- Coordinate the use of audiovisual equipment in classrooms and courtrooms, and assist with the setup and operation of computers with video projection and recording equipment.
- Assists with recording, editing, and distribution of courtroom or academic activities.
- Provides set-up of PA systems during special events including non-regular working hours and off campus support.
- Develop and maintain training manuals and information technology documentation.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Receive and order materials as requested.
- Complete ongoing training to stay alongside product, service and policy changes.
- Collaborate with entire information technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
- Assist in special projects beyond the scope of daily duties.
- Maintain a hardware and software inventory.
- Monitor warranty work and maintenance agreements.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with faculty, students, and staff, and the Southwestern Law School community at large.
- In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as requested by their superiors.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain a work schedule of several people in multiple departments.
- Strong computer background.
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies as needed.
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 years of relevant work experience in a technology technical support role.
- A willingness to travel to remote sites for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows.
- Experience and expertise with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience and expertise with computer repair.
- Experience and expertise with audiovisual systems.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a pleasant, collegial work environment in an academic setting and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Visit www.swlaw.edu for additional information about Southwestern Law School.