Southwestern Law School is seeking a dedicated individual interested in a career in higher education and administrative support for its SCALE Program. This individual will work directly with the Associate Dean for SCALE. SCALE is an accelerated, skill centered, two-year, J.D. course of instruction.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision and able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully. The following administrative support duties are required:
- Office reception including answering phones, greeting students, faculty, staff and visitors, answering email;
- File and information maintenance;
- Curriculum, coursework and correspondence management and document preparation including word processing and proofreading;
- Monitoring and ordering supplies and refreshments;
- Monitoring and processing mail;
- Assisting with coordination of SCALE Program events, managing outreach and informational meetings;
- Maintaining budget;
- Coordinating office activities;
- Managing the admissions component of SCALE program including scheduling interviews and speaking with perspective applicants, coordinating tours and class visits, as well as maintaining relevant admissions’ information.
- The ideal candidate will also assist with special projects and other responsibilities as needed.
Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in higher education administrative or student services; however, combined work experience/ education may be substituted. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal, service, and verbal/written communication skills; ability to promote professional academic environment and effective student-centered assistance; good judgment; strong organizational and planning abilities; ability to work with a diverse group of people; and proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Access), e-mail and internet usage.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.