Southwestern Law School offers an exceptional employment opportunity as an Associate Director of Admissions. As a member of the Admissions team, the Associate Director will be responsible for a variety of recruiting, counseling and marketing responsibilities, including:
- Representing the law school at recruiting events and activities that include local, regional, and national law school and/or graduate school fairs, law school forums, and various panels.
- Counseling prospective students about the admissions application process.
- Counseling newly admitted students through the transition to law school.
- Promote student engagement with peers, faculty, and administration.
- Managing data and preparing statistical reports to evaluate recruitment efforts.
- Managing the coordination of approximately 10-15 on-campus events designed for prospective and newly admitted students.
- Developing and delivering presentations at receptions and other events.
- Assisting with pipeline recruitment events that include identification and cultivation of student populations at various high schools, community colleges, and universities.
- Reviewing applicant files and making recommendations to the Admissions Committee to help identify competitive applicants that will excel in the Southwestern community.
- Working with pre-law advisors to expand their knowledge of Southwestern’s programs of study, curriculum, student services, faculty, alumni, externships, and campus environment.
- Create and implement a creative communication strategy for prospective students and applicants designed to provide the appropriate information to the applicant based upon their stage in the process. Tailor messages for prospect/applicant depending on their stage in the recruitment funnel.
- Contributing to marketing strategies and publications; oversee admissions newsletter content and distribution.
- Work in collaboration with the Assistant Dean of Admissions with supervision and development of the Admissions team.
- Other tasks related to the general mission of the Admissions Office to recruit, retain, and enroll a diverse and talented first-year class.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is preferred (5-7 Years of law admissions experience may be considered in lieu of advanced degree).
- 3+ years previous Admissions experience preferred or equivalent experience in higher education, sales or marketing.
- Outstanding organizational, time management and planning skills; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present to both large and small groups of prospective students and other audiences in an effective and engaging manner.
- Ability to work effectively on both independent and collaborative assignments with faculty, staff, students, and alumni.
- Strong technical skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to prioritize responsibilities in a high-pressure situation.
- Must be professional by phone and email and display great attention to detail.
- Travel within the U.S. required; valid passport for foreign travel as needed; must have driver’s license and ability to travel for lengthy periods of time for recruitment purposes; must have a reliable car for transportation (rental cars will be used on occasion as travel dictates).
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Advanced experience using ACES2 and Datatel.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Understanding of law school recruitment or higher education recruitment.
This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic, collegial team. In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program, Southwestern offers a pleasant and professionally rewarding work environment.
To be considered for this position, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.