February 17, 2016
Southwestern Law School to Honor Prominent Alumni and Friends at Annual Awards Event
On Thursday, March 10, the Southwestern Alumni Association will honor distinguished members of the Southwestern Law School community at the 27th Annual Alumni Awards Gala & Reunion.
This year, seven outstanding members of the Southwestern community and one law firm will be recognized. This year’s honorees include:
- Joseph Esposito ’89, Assistant District Attorney for Special Operations, Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office, and Bill Seki ’88, Partner, Seki, Nishimura & Watase, as “Alumni of the Year”
- Hon. Craig Mitchell ‘91, Los Angeles County Superior Court, as “Outstanding Judicial Officer”
- Hon. Gary Geuss ‘86, City Attorney, City of Riverside, “Outstanding Government/Public Interest Lawyer”
- Brian Panish ’84, Partner, Panish, Shea & Boyle LLP, as “Outstanding Litigator”
- Hon. Terry Hatter, Jr., United States District Court, Central District of California, as “Outstanding Friend”
- Nicole Abboud ’11, Attorney at Law, as “Outstanding Nickel Alumnus”
- Lewis, Brisbois, Bisgaard & Smith, as “Outstanding Law Firm”
“Our honorees are truly exceptional,” said Cindy Johnson ’00, President of the Southwestern Alumni Association. “They are leaders, innovators, and role models who reflect the very best of Southwestern. We are proud and privileged to honor them.”
The event is designed to recognize individuals for their extraordinary service to the law school, the community and the legal profession. This year proceeds from the event will benefit the Los Angeles Incubator Consortium (LAIC). The Consortium provides a unique opportunity for selected recent graduates to establish law practices to serve modest means clients under the mentorship of senior attorneys and judges, with access to low cost office space, workshops and a cohort of new attorneys. Participants in turn provide a number of pro bono hours of legal services to low income members of the community.
The Alumni Awards Gala & Reunion will be held from 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Los Angeles Athletic Club, 431 West 7th Street, Los Angles 90014.