Southwestern Law School is seeking a detail-oriented, dependable individual who is a self-starter. The Maintenance Worker will work under the supervision of Southwestern’s Facilities Director.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure all service requests and repairs are completed thoroughly and in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized, clean and safe work area
- Assist with monitoring inventory of equipment, tools, parts and supplies at appropriate levels
- Comply with all Human Resources policies and procedures
- Assist with maintaining preventative maintenance schedule
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees, vendors, and supervisors
- Work with Facilities Director to maintain an effective preventative maintenance program
- Work with Facilities Director to adhere to budget guidelines
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other campus features as required to minimize liability concerns
- Ensure adherence to the school’s safety and hazard programs, policies and procedures
- Work with maintenance team to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address complaints and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records
- Contribute to the general upkeep and cleaning of campus interior and exterior locations
- Perform other maintenance/repair work as directed by Facilities Director
- Adhere to company dress code
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. The position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, and required safety equipment.
- All equipment must be used without jeopardizing the safety of themselves and others.
- Appropriate safety equipment and apparel must be worn including proper footwork (work boots).
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and assist with repair of the following:
- Major appliances
- Basic-Intermediate plumbing
- Basic-Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
Requires frequent lifting and moving of up to 55 pounds when using machinery and equipment for essential maintenance tasks. Requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks. Also requires frequent use of ladders and stepladders to access equipment and machinery necessary for essential maintenance tasks.