Southwestern Law School offers an excellent opportunity for an individual interested in higher education accounting, and payroll and benefit services. The law school seeks an experienced and committed individual to assist with the daily operations and activities associated with faculty/staff payroll and benefits. The Payroll Assistant is responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Maintaining payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Processing and closing semi-monthly payrolls.
- Updating payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Handling payroll services for new hires, terminations, garnishment requests, and address changes.
- Providing payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Managing employment verifications, reviewing, and initiating employee advances.
- Ensuring accurate and timely recordkeeping and management of payroll related data; performing reconciliation of payroll information.
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures, reporting needed changes.
- Maintaining employee confidence and using utmost discretion with handling of confidential information.
- Assisting in 403(b) year-end Audit.
- Other projects as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess exceptional communication, organizational and service abilities and be a versatile self-starter capable of managing multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced office under the guidance of the Payroll Supervisor and a collegial team of accounting professionals.
Minimum requirements: Bachelor’s degree with two+ years of payroll processing experience; ability to utilize and develop computerized Excel spreadsheets and word processing applications; and delivery of professional work product within required deadlines. Working knowledge of ADP or other payroll system helpful but not required.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a collegial work environment in an academic setting and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.