Southwestern Law School is seeking a service-oriented individual to provide evening and weekend library circulation services to students, faculty, alumni, and library members in the Leigh H. Taylor Law Library. The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills; be able to provide friendly, professional, patron-oriented service; and must enjoy working with a diverse group of people.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring access to the library
- Circulating library materials to patrons
- Helping patrons locate library materials
- Providing patrons with other assistance that they may need
- Explaining and implementing library policies
- Updating patron records
- Shelving reserve materials and maintaining the reserve materials area
- Maintaining the operation of photocopiers and vend accounts
- Responding to telephone inquiries
- Monitoring work study student assistants
Work days for this full-time position are Saturday through Wednesday.
Hours are as follows:
- Saturday: 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Sunday: 1:30 pm to 10:00 pm (when classes are in session)
- Monday through Wednesday: 3:30 pm to midnight
Hours are adjusted on weekends during exam periods when the library stays open until midnight and during intersessions when the library closes early.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in a library public service position, however combined work experience/education may be substituted.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a collegial work environment in an academic setting and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.