Adjunct Associate Professor of Law / Associate Program Director, Constitutional Rights Foundation
B.A., Social Ecology, University of California, Irvine, 1993; J.D., University of Colorado School of Law, 1996
Member: California and Colorado State Bars
Joined Southwestern: 2019
Professor Wesley began her legal career at the Colorado Department of Education as an assistant litigation attorney where her responsibilities included implementing database systems, negotiating contracts, supervising litigation staff, and representing the State of Colorado in Federal, District, and County Courts and in Administrative Hearings.
Professor Wesley joined the Constitutional Rights Foundation in 2000. The goal of the Constitutional Rights Foundation is to instill in California’s youth an understanding of citizenship through values expressed in our Constitution and its Bill of Rights.
Her responsibilities include:
- Working with Superior Courts in California, California Courts of Appeal, United States District Cours, California County Bar Associations, State Bar Associations and District Attorney's Offices, to create curriculum and provide leadership for the foundation’s legal programs including, Mock Trial, Appellate Court Experience, Courtroom to Classroom, Project LEAD (a diversion program), and Diversity Pipeline.
- Work with law firms, law schools, bar associations, and the courts to recruit judge, attorney and law school volunteers to work with underserved populations.
- Developing and delivering National Law-Related Education training and materials.
- Leading local and national teacher professional development.
- Creating, distributing, and evaluating local, state and national LRE Programs.
- Writing, implementing and monitoring grants from public organizations and private foundations.
- Working with the United States Patent and Trademark Office to create a national intellectual property curriculum and conduct national webinars and training.
- Developing, writing and updating CRF programs and program curriculum.
- Work with a network of National Bar Associations.
- Maintaining a balanced budget for all programs.
- Hiring, managing and evaluating program staff.