Estimated Total Cost of Attendance
|ROOM & BOARD|
|BOOKS & SUPPLIES|
| Evening &
|Gas & Oil||$120||$240||$240|
||Add Insurance & Books||$3,000||Add Insurance & Books||$1,325
||Add Insurance & Books|
To determine your annual estimated Cost of Attendance:
- Multiply the applicable "Expense Total" by the number of months in the Academic Year. The academic year for Full Time and Part Time JD Programs is 9 months and does not include summer. The academic year for the SCALE program is 12 months.
- Add the applicable Health Insurance and Book/Supplies Amount for your program.
- Add the applicable Tuition Rate for your program.
- Add the applicable Student Services Fee for your program.
- Student Services Fee for Fall/Spring = $200
- Student Services Fee for SCALE I and II = $250
- Student Services Fee for Summer = $50
All first-year SCALE students are charged $2744.69 for health insurance for the first 12 months. Graduating students receive an additional budget allowance of $1,456 for Bar Exam Fees.
Student Services Fee
Southwestern's Student Services Fee encompasses multiple fees associated with improving Southwestern's facilities and services for our students, which include the following:
- No fees charged for the Fitness Center.
- No fees charged for ExamSoft.
- No fees charged for Registration.
- No fees charged during the add/drop period of each semester if a student drops units but still remains enrolled.
- No graduation fee charged.
- No registration fee will be charged to students participating in a non-Southwestern summer abroad program.
Southwestern students will be charged a non-refundable Student Services Fee based on the schedule below.
Traditional and LL.M. Students
- Fall/Spring - $200 (charged each August) for all students except December grads who will be charged $100 for Fall only.
- Spring - $100 if the $200 Student Services Fee was not assessed for the preceding Fall
- Summer - $50 for all students, regardless of any prior or subsequent fees paid or due
- SCALE I - $250 (charged at the beginning of Period 1)
- SCALE II - $250 (charged at the beginning of Period 5)
- Fall - $100
- Spring - $100
- Summer - $50
Estimated Cost of Attendance
The chart below is used to determine financial need and is designed to provide students with a modest but realistic standard of living; it reflects the average education-related costs of attending Southwestern. The rent amount for on-campus housing reflects an average of units available but actual costs will range above and below that figure based on the specific unit a student selects. All amounts are estimates and your actual expenses may vary.
Extra costs that students with disabilities may incur while pursuing legal studies are considered when determining financial need. Federal and state programs may provide additional resources.
If your living expenses exceed the average living expenses, you should consider completing the Budget Increase Application. This may allow you to increase your overall budget and change your financial aid eligibility.