Drafting Business Contracts
This practical skills course teaches the principles of contemporary commercial contract drafting and introduces the student to selected documents used in common business transactions. Examples include, but are not limited to asset purchase, escrow, and web site development.
Among the topics covered are:
- the business purposes of selected contract doctrines;
- translating business ideas into contract concepts;
- drafting the parts of a contract;
- drafting with clarity and without ambiguity;
- adding value to the deal; and,
- reviewing and commenting on the contract.
Prerequisites: Contracts I (120A) and Contracts II (120B).