The Public Affairs Office of Southwestern Law School is seeking a customer-service oriented assistant to provide creative services and administrative support. The Public Affairs Assistant will manage general office operations, reception and accounting; assist with website maintenance, content creation, development and accessibility issues; provide writing, proofreading and publication production assistance; provide basic graphic design services; assist with event photography; organize and maintain photo archives; coordinate mailing lists and email blasts; process stationery/business card orders, and perform other communications-related duties.
- Undergraduate degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant major
- 2 years of customer- or communications-related work experience, preferably in a higher education, nonprofit or public relations services setting
Other Desired Qualifications
- Microsoft Suite of applications (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Graphic design software (i.e., InDesign, Quark, Adobe Creative Suite)
- Digital Photography
- Basic WordPress and Social Media marketing
Other communications and interpersonal skills:
- Desire to learn and grow professionally;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Excellent proofreading skills ;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; and
- Professional, adaptable and able to function successfully in a fast-paced environment.
For consideration, send cover letter, current resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.