The Society of American Law Teachers (SALT) established the Trina Grillo Public Interest and Social Justice Law Retreat to honor the memory of Trina Grillo (1948-1996), a former professor at USF School of Law and Santa Clara Law School who was a dedicated social activist and justice advocate. Each spring a consortium of law schools, including Southwestern, plan the retreat for practitioners, students, and academics to join together and discuss today's challenges to social justice lawyering. The retreat embodies the aspirations of Trina's work against injustice, in its many forms, and toward diversity and equality.
The Trina Grillo Retreat - What is it and why should I attend?
- The Retreat provides a unique opportunity for public interest and social justice-oriented law students, faculty, staff and practitioners to exchange viewpoints, explore career opportunities and formulate strategies for social justice.
- The Retreat offers public-interest minded law school students an opportunity to break the isolation by meeting and networking with other students from around the west coast.
- The Retreat not only provides students with a network while in school, but also provides the foundation for a professional network to support their public interest ambitions as their careers develop.
- The Retreat can spawn creative ways to approach social change using the law as an instrument.
Consortium Law Schools
- Golden Gate University School of Law
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- Southwestern Law School
- Stanford Law School
- UC Berkeley School of Law
- UC Hastings College of Law
- UC Irvine School of Law
- UCLA School of Law
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas - William S. Boyd School of Law
- University of San Francisco School of Law
- University of Southern California School of Law
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
- University of Washington School of Law
How do I register?
Registration is open only to students at a consortium school. Please contact the Public Service Program for registration instructions, travel and lodging information.