Southwestern Law School is seeking a Student Services Assistant to provide administrative support in its Accounting Office. This is an exciting opportunity to join a group of dedicated higher education professionals. The Student Services Assistant will be responsible for the following duties and additional learning opportunities will be provided:
- Greeting visitors, answering and directing calls.
- Answering student inquiries such as student account balances, tuition due dates, financial aid refunds, late fees, payment plans, pay dates for work study, etc.
- Depositing checks and posting to the appropriate account.
- Maintaining daily spreadsheets for deposits showing checks, cash and credit cards posted.
- Preparing detailed invoices of student accounts.
- Data entry of institutional advancement donations.
- Preparing and mailing financial aid checks.
- Processing checks for approval process.
- Other duties to support accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, benefits, and annual audit.
Minimum Qualifications: Two years of office experience; Bachelors degree in related field; ability to utilize and develop computerized spreadsheets and word processing documents; working knowledge of Excel; excellent client service skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to work independently or as part of a team in a time sensitive environment; ability to maintain confidentially is mandatory; and the ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver professional work product under deadline pressure, is required.
Located in the mid-Wilshire area of Los Angeles, Southwestern offers a collegial work environment and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.