The Senior Systems Engineer is responsible for the operation and support of Southwestern Law School’s networking and server infrastructure. This position assists the Customer Care and Enterprise Application teams in troubleshooting technology issues. Partnering with faculty, students, and staff, this position ensures a successful IT experience while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction.
This is an on-site position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement, manage, troubleshoot, and maintain Southwestern Law School’s servers and network infrastructure, cloud-hosted (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) systems, and virtualization platforms.
- Develop and maintain server documentation and procedures.
- Provide technical support in person, telephone, email, or through a remote support session, while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Create, update, prioritize, and track customer problems using a ticket system.
- Follow and maintain Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Implement, manage, and monitor security measures for the protection of the server and network infrastructure.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain backup system.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain VOIP system.
- Manage, troubleshoot, and maintain physical security (access control, surveillance) systems.
- Design, review, and execute system and configuration backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures.
- Ensure business continuity by maintaining configuration files, design documents, and recovery procedures for all Southwestern Law School’s network and server systems.
- Research current and emerging information technologies.
- Monitor and report the health and stability of all server and network operations.
- Serve as primary person-on-call for all network and server related issues.
- Work with other Information Technology team members to acquire cross-functional knowledge transfer and provide back-up capabilities.
- Interact with Customer Care and Enterprise Application Development teams to maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
- Monitor the health and stability of all Information Technology services and issue timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors.
- Complete ongoing training to stay alongside product, service, and policy changes.
- Collaborate with entire information technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
- Assist in special projects beyond the normal scope of daily duties.
- Maintain a hardware and software inventory.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with faculty, students, and staff, and the Southwestern Law School community at large.
- In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as assigned by their superior.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer and networking background.
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of relevant work experience in a technology support role.
- A willingness to travel to local, off-campus sites, for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows Server.
- Experience and expertise in VMware.
- Experience and expertise in Networking (wired and wireless).
- Experience and expertise in Palo Alto firewall.
- Experience and expertise in Hyperconverged systems.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a pleasant, collegial work environment in an academic setting and a competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.