Southwestern Law School is seeking a detail-oriented individual interested in a career in higher education. The ideal candidate will be a versatile self-starter who is capable of working in student or administrative services with minimal supervision while providing support; interacting effectively with a variety of constituencies including students, faculty and staff; and initiating and completing multiple assignments and projects successfully.
The Registration and Academic Records Office is responsible for conducting the registration process; planning and coordinating final examinations; maintaining student records, including grades, academic standings and awards; as well as preparing transcripts and bar certifications. The office also processes deferments and is the primary reception area for the law school.
The Registration and Academic Records Coordinator must create and execute a streamlined process for the administration of all exams and accommodated testing at Southwestern Law School. Administration of exams includes but is not limited to:
- Coordinating exam details with faculty;
- Reserving rooms;
- Scheduling examination proctors;
- Preparing testing materials;
- Coordinating all exam reconciliation; and
- Electronically track and schedule all requests for exam accommodations and reschedule individual student exams in the event of emergencies.
As the point of contact for all exam-related inquiries, the Coordinator must be present for all exams. The Coordinator will also be responsible for each administration of the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and the Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination (MPRE).
In addition to exam responsibilities, the Coordinator must process student requests and organize student records.
Additional position requirements include:
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good judgment;
- Strong planning abilities; and
- Proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel and Outlook), e-mail and internet usage.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with two years’ experience in student or administrative services.
For consideration, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.