Southwestern Law School offers an excellent career opportunity for an individual interested in higher education project management for information technology. The ideal candidate will be a versatile self-starter who is able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully while interacting with a variety of constituencies.
The Project Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, communicating, and overseeing business and internal projects. This position meets with stakeholder to gather project goals and develop/maintain project documentation and plans. The Project Manager ensures that projects are delivered successfully, on time, and within budget. The Project Manager analyzes information from multiple sources and provides recommended actions. This position works closely with the Chief Information Officer to prepare communications to the community and organize incoming communication. This position partners with faculty, staff, students, and consultants to ensure successful project implementation while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position is available as remote or on-site.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage multiple projects for Information Technology, providing a single point of contact to project team and stakeholders.
- Take projects from original concept through final implementation.
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables.
- Develop and maintain detailed work plans, timelines, scheduling resources, communication plans, and status reports.
- Motivate, coach, and mentor members of the Information Technology team.
- Utilize individual calendars and project calendars to schedule meetings and manage milestones.
- Develop, document, and implement project management processes and procedures based on best practice project management methodologies.
- Oversee management and administration of project management tools and systems.
- Meet with stakeholders to assess needs and clarify projects requirements.
- Monitor and measure project performance, make adjustments, as needed and analyze the successful completion of short-and long-term goals.
- Keep the Information Technology team abreast of current project statuses.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress.
- Partners with students, faculty, staff, and vendors to ensure successful project completion.
- Communicate critical information to the Southwestern community in a timely manner.
- Review and analyze information and create outline summaries with recommended actions.
- Follow and maintain Information Technology policies and procedures.
- Create, update, prioritize, and track customer problems using a ticket system and project management software.
- Assist customers in person, by telephone, by email, or through remote support sessions.
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service.
- Collaborate with entire Information Technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
- Complete ongoing training to stay alongside product, service, and policy changes.
- Assist in special projects beyond the normal scope of daily duties.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with students, faculty, staff, and the Southwestern community at large.
In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as requested by their superiors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with faculty, students, and staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3-year experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a Project Management role.
- Expert level knowledge in Project Management.
- Knowledge in project management tools and methodology is required.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a pleasant, collegial work environment in an academic setting and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.