Southwestern Law School is currently seeking a Part-Time Assistant in the Office of Institutional Advancement to work closely with all areas within the department. The ideal candidate will be a versatile individual who is a self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision in a fast-paced team-oriented environment. This position involves technical capability, organization skills, and great attention to detail. The Part-Time Assistant must have excellent writing skills, editing/proofing skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities. This position will report directly to the Director of Annual Fund. This position is 24 hours a week and an on-site position.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Executes common office duties such as answering phones, voicemails, emails, etc.
- Orders office supplies and maintains accurate inventory of office supplies for IA.
- Reconciles financial accounting for IA department purchases.
- Serves as Zoom and other online platform “tech support” within the department and for other departments when relevant.
- Executes office duties such as filing documents.
- Assists with coding records and updates in the database for all IA needs.
- Assists with preparing stewardship and endowment reports
- Assists with preparing emails for all scholarship donors to include endowment reports and scholarship thank you notes + resumes.
- Assists with preparing gift receipts for all gifts received by Southwestern
- Assist in all areas of alumni relations.
- Assist in all areas of annual campaigns.
- Assist in all areas IA events.
- Assist with all areas of advancement services.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of two years experience in working in an office setting as an assistant.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- High level of judgement, discretion, integrity, and confidentiality.
- Excellent critical thinking and listening skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and excellent time management skills.
- Maintains confidentially
To be considered for this position, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.