Southwestern Law School is seeking a detail-oriented, dependable individual who is a self-starter. The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for maintenance operations of student housing, including organization of service requests, preventative maintenance program, personnel management, compliance with safety standards and customer service.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, complete and assign service requests to maintenance team.
- Monitor daily completion of service requests and follow up on any outstanding items.
- Inspect grounds, buildings, and other community features daily to minimize liability concerns and to ensure excellent curb appeal at all times
- Manage maintenance supply inventory while adhering to budget guidelines
- Maintain well-organized and properly stocked maintenance shop while adhering to safety standards and OSHA guidelines
- Maintain hazard communications program; Teach and promote safe work practices
- Participate in monthly unit inspections as required
- Assist residents with the move-in/ move-out process.
- Responsible for key control access
- Schedule and direct workers in performance of all maintenance/repairs related to turn events within budgeted guidelines.
- Supervise maintenance team in preparing vacant units
- Direct workers in performance of scheduled maintenance on all equipment based on the manufacturer's recommendations and operating manuals
- Address resident and employee concerns and resolve issues in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain accurate records at all times
- Assist with the general upkeep and cleaning of office and common areas as needed
- Work with Property Manager to maximize performance of property within budget guidelines
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation
- Adhere to dress code requirements
- Perform additional tasks and responsibilities as required
- No specific level of education is required. High school diploma or equivalent preferred. For safety and productivity reasons, the position requires the ability to read and write English. In addition, the position requires the ability to accurately perform basic mathematical functions.
- Maintenance Supervisors will spend 60 to 70 percent of their time performing hands-on repairs/maintenance work. The remaining time will be spent supervising the work of their associates and outside contractors and performing general management functions. Position requires ability to transport or move up to 50 pounds variable distances; the mobility and flexibility to use ladder to access heights in excess of eight to nine feet; the ability to work outdoors and the ability to personally perform general maintenance repair tasks without endangering themselves, residents or fellow employees. Position also requires frequent bending and/or stooping to access equipment and machinery necessary when assisting with or performing tasks.
Position requires individuals to be able to use general maintenance equipment including, but not limited to, hand tools, ladders, refrigerant recovery units, landscaping equipment, and required safety equipment.
- Must be able to diagnose problems with and assist with repair of the following:
- Major appliances
- HVAC, including EPA Certification
- Intermediate plumbing
- Intermediate electrical (when no license required)
- General carpentry
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.