Southwestern’s Communications & Marketing team is looking for a Junior Designer/Copywriter to create engaging designs and compelling copy. You will work on a small team under the supervision of our Creative Director and Digital Brand Manager.
In this role, you must be highly creative, have a sharp eye for details, be ready to show off your writing skills, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
If you are passionate about design/marketing and eager to learn more, we’d like to meet you.
- Assist in creating branding, admissions, and marketing collateral for multiple departments –including brochures, posters, signage, catalogs, postcards, etc.
- Assist in creating digital design work, including display banners, website mock-ups, social media templates, and infographics
- Liaise with departments and student groups to understand their requirements and help to resolve any issues related to the work produced
- Pitch creative ideas
- Collaborate with team members to launch projects
- Take on special design tasks (e.g. color correction)
- Use feedback from team members to improve and grow skill set
- Ensure all deliverables meets the needs, requirements, brand values, and high-quality standards of the law school
- Attend training events and courses to further your knowledge and expertise.
Key Skills / Experience
- 0 – 3 years of design (or transferable) experience.
- Degree in graphic design, journalism, or communication preferable
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Teamwork and collaborating skills
- Time management and multitasking abilities
- Problem-solving, can-do, go-getter attitude
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign will be your best friend
- Understanding of visual elements (color, imagery, typography, composition)
- Solid writing skills and the desire to strengthen and refine them
- A passion for creating stunning visuals for a range of projects/media
- Knowledge of the latest design trends
- Creative flair and an eye for detail
- Strong portfolio showing experience, breadth, and potential
- Web design/editing skills a plus (but will train)
- Photography/photo editing skills a plus (but will train)
This position provides an excellent opportunity for a talented and committed professional whose skills and attitude compliment a dynamic, collegial team. In addition to a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits program, Southwestern offers a pleasant and professionally rewarding work environment.
To be considered for this position, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.