Southwestern Law School is seeking an Instructional Designer to work collaboratively with faculty, students, and staff to design, develop, and implement online, hybrid, and traditional courses at Southwestern Law School. This position partners with faculty in the learning design process to produce quality content while ensuring best practices in pedagogy, course design, and learning technologies to enhance student education. The Instructional Designer provides technical support and assistance with Southwestern’s Learning Management System, online video platform, and provides training sessions to its faculty, students, and staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Partner with faculty to develop and enhance curriculum by utilizing technology.
- Support and maintain the Canvas learning management system.
- Support and maintain the Arc video platform.
- Support and maintain the Zoom platform for online learning.
- Develop and conduct tutorials, technical training sessions, and workshops for faculty, students, and staff.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop effective course websites and digital learning materials.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to develop, implement, and support, new and existing learning technologies.
- Provide technical and course design support while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Provide learning needs analysis to ensure the appropriateness of digital instructional materials.
- Maintain audio/video presentation systems, including teleconferencing systems.
- Create, update, prioritize, and track customer problems using an existing ticket system.
- Assist customers in person, telephone, email, or through remote support sessions.
- Utilize online resources/tools to supplement the troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
- Design and develop print and web-based documentation.
- Maintain a knowledge base to promote customer self-support.
- Keep abreast of the health and stability of all Information Technology services and issues timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
- Complete ongoing training to keep current with product, service, and policy changes.
- Develop relationships within the tech and arts communities for video production and online activities.
- Collaborate with entire Information Technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
- Maintain a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with faculty, students, staff, and the Southwestern community at large.
- Collaborate with co-workers on departmental and institute-wide projects.
- Follow and maintain Customer Care, Infrastructure and Operations, and Application Development policies and procedures.
- Assists with recording, editing, and distribution of courtroom or academic activities.
- Gather and present analytic information on student engagement and performance.
- In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as requested by their superiors.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to develop, maintain, and cultivate relationships with faculty, students, and staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to train and support faculty, staff, and students in the use of learning technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years’ experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3-year experience in an academic or technology role.
- Expertise with Canvas Learning Management System.
- Expertise in curriculum development.
- Expertise with video conferencing and video editing.
- Expertise with distance education.
- Experience teaching or training.
- Experience with gamification.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Articulate Storyline, Captivate, etc.
- This is an on-site position.
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.