The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for developing goals and metrics for the annual campaign and tracking and regularly reporting progress on these metrics to ensure Southwestern meets its annual fundraising goals.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive annual campaign plan designed to increase both total funding and the number of donors
- Plan and execute strategies to retain and upgrade existing core and community donors, as well as identify and secure new donors
- Ensure protocols are in place and followed for recording all activities related to the annual campaign and data is entered accurately and in a timely fashion
- Produce appeal-related materials, including reports, letters, online giving pages, etc.
- Coordinate with contract vendors on annual appeal-related activities, including direct mail, telemarketing, e-solicitations, marketing materials, and donor recognition
- Execute all annual campaign-related mailings, including solicitation letters, pledge letters, and stewardship correspondences
- Track financial progress and effectiveness of solicitation appeals
- Identify and research current annual giving trends and best practices and work to incorporate them into the annual campaign
- Help to inform data-driven campaign decisions by providing a suite of reports such as prospect pipeline, pledge and gift analysis, proposal tracking, gift tables, and campaign summaries
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility with a minimum of three years’ related experience
- Knowledge of Southwestern Law School preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with the philanthropic industry and sources of philanthropy
- Ability to creatively conceptualize and implement new projects and high-level strategy
- Ability to set goals strategically and a proven record of achieving these goals
- Proven ability to work successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment and to effectively manage cross-organizational working relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some evening and weekend work may be required
EEO Statement - Southwestern is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
Contact Information - For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.