This is a Tier 1 support position and information technology generalist who directly supports the Southwestern Law School community while maintaining the highest level of customer satisfaction. This position is responsible for handling daily traffic of incoming technology issues, audiovisual setups, and questions via telephone, e-mail, ticket system, and face-to-face interaction. The Customer Care Technician is a frontline position that utilizes his or her intimate knowledge of computing systems to identify problems and draw valid conclusions through logical reasoning.
This is an on-site position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides technical support while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Creates, updates, prioritizes, and tracks customer problems using a ticket system.
- Resolves problems in person, telephone, email, or through a remote support session.
- Resolves less complex problems immediately and escalates more complex problems to the lead customer care technician or supervisor.
- Performs general maintenance tasks, customer account management, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, and maintains applications and peripheral equipment throughout the school.
- Troubleshoots remote learning technologies such as Zoom.
- Keeps up-to-date on security threats and assists in operating system and application patching.
- Utilizes online resources/tools to supplement the troubleshooting and diagnosing of customer issues.
- Follows and maintains Customer Care and Infrastructure & Operations standards, policies, and procedures.
- Interacts with Southwestern’s Infrastructure & Operations and Enterprise Application Development teams to maintain regular operations and troubleshoot issues.
- Maintains a knowledge base to promote customer self-support.
- Keeps abreast of the health and stability of all Information Technology services and provides timely alerts to affected customers if issues arise.
- Ensures computer labs are well-maintained.
- Installs, configures, and supports Information Technology approved software.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises audiovisual and computer lab work-study assistants.
- Provides audiovisual and technology training to faculty, students, and staff.
- Coordinates the use of audiovisual equipment in classrooms and courtrooms, and assists with the setup and operation of computers with video projection and recording equipment.
- Assists with recording, editing, and distribution of courtroom or academic activities.
- Provides set-up of PA systems during special events including non-regular working hours and off-campus support.
- Develops and maintains training manuals and Information Technology documentation.
- Maintains positive relationships with vendors.
- Receives and orders requested materials.
- Completes ongoing training to stay updated with product, service, and policy changes.
- Collaborates with entire Information Technology team to ensure the delivery of services.
- Assists in special projects beyond the normal scope of daily duties.
- Maintains a hardware and software inventory.
- Monitors warranty work and maintenance agreements.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with faculty, students, staff, and the entire Southwestern Law School community.
- In addition to the position responsibilities mentioned above, the individual has the responsibility to carry out unique tasks as assigned by their superior.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize and to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outstanding oral and written communications.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Analytical and technical problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer background.
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies as needed.
- Associate’s Degree and 2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1 year of relevant work experience in a technology technical support role.
- A willingness to travel to local, off-campus sites, for system installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Experience and expertise in Microsoft Windows.
- Experience and expertise with productivity applications such as Microsoft Office.
- Experience and expertise with computer repair.
- Experience and expertise with audiovisual systems.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a pleasant, collegial work environment in an academic setting and a competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.