Southwestern Law School offers an excellent opportunity as a Co-Mark part-time Copywriter/Digital Marketer that provides copywriting, research, and other marketing/promotional services to Southwestern’s current Communications and Marketing team. The ideal candidate is a recent graduate or bar taker that is waiting for results or has not yet secured full-time employment. Projects typically have short lead times and rapid turnaround times. Hence, prior knowledge of Southwestern, its culture, campus, departments, etc. is imperative. This position will report directly to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer and is 100% remote.
Southwestern Law School’s Communications and Marketing department serves staff, faculty, students, and prospective students. It is our mission to elevate the school's reputation and extend its brand throughout the country. To that end, we create catalogs, invitations, advertisements, postcards, brochures, flyers, and other printed materials all year long. We also create digital versions of printed materials and content such as blogs, videos, social posts, newsletters, and emails in our outreach efforts. We interact with the media to answer requests for experts and to highlight faculty activities and research, student accomplishments, and notable programs and events on campus. We maintain Southwestern's website and social media channels. We print business cards and name badges for staff members. We supply logos and graphics for other publications, T-shirts, bags, etc. We coordinate photography of faculty, students, and events.
Hourly Rate: $30/hour
Hours/Week: 10- 15 hours per week
Assignment Length: Up to 60 days with possible extension
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Research (market & Southwestern related)
- Craft/edit digital marketing pieces including e-mails, social posts, blog posts, biographies, etc.
- Collaborate with Co-Mark to ensure on-time product delivery
- Collaborate with and support the Office of Institutional Advancement, Research Dean, and others
- Conform to Style Guide and take “design and voice” direction from the current team
Minimum Job Requirements
- Juris Doctor degree or Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Access to high-speed internet
- Personal computer with all of the software needed to perform duties listed above such as Outlook, Mailchimp/Constant Contact, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and Photoshop.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and comprehensive understanding of Southwestern Law School
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly organized with excellent time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Skill in the art of storytelling, creative writing, calls to action
- Ability to foster and thrive in a creative cooperative work environment.
- Ability to maintain an open line of communication during working hours via Microsoft Teams.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and sample writing/link to email@example.com.