Southwestern Law School welcomes applications for the position of Assistant Director and/or Senior Assistant Director from qualified candidates. The Assistant Director will report to the Associate Dean for Career Services. The Assistant Director will provide individual counseling to students and alumni, regarding career planning and job searches that includes self-assessment, resume and cover letter review, interview preparation, professional skills development, career research, and career options.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Take a leadership role in the collection, managing, and reporting of employment and related information, statistics, and data on an ongoing basis, for various annual reports.
- Plan events to facilitate networking opportunities with employers and enhance networking skills for Southwestern students.
- Create and present a variety of career programs and workshops.
- Serve as liaison to student organizations and faculty members and supports them in their career-related programs and events.
- Interact with legal employers, associations, and other members of the legal community locally, regionally, and nationally, to develop opportunities for Southwestern students and alumni, and to enhance Southwestern’s reputation and its students and alumni.
- Represent the office at law school and career services-related events, including CA Bar Association events.
- Assist with the creation and updating of Career Services handouts, marketing materials, online materials, and other resources.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: J.D degree required. Experience in legal practice and/or career counseling and/or legal recruiting. Knowledge of the legal employment market and the legal community. Superior interpersonal, communication, counseling and presentation skills. Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills, and knowledge of legal resume and cover letter format. Strong time management and organizational skills. Highest ethical and professional standards and proven ability to exercise exemplary judgment when dealing with sensitive information and difficult situations. Enthusiasm for working with law students, lawyers, and the legal community.
How to apply:
For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.