The Admissions Office seeks to hire one part-time, temporary, Alumni Admissions Assistant.
The Alumni Admissions Assistant will work with the JD Admissions Office to recruit a dynamic class of law students. During the fall semester, the Alumni Admissions Assistant will effectively and enthusiastically convey information to prospective applicants during virtual events and via email communication. They will be responsible for participating on panels or giving information sessions. They will be knowledgeable and helpful in answering questions that relate to the Law School’s academic programs, concentrations, admission requirements, student life, and career services. Additionally, the Alumni Admissions Assistant will assist in other administrative duties as assigned. Given the skill set of the person hired, this position will also assist with light admissions counseling and review of application files.
- Southwestern Law School graduate, preferably a graduate from the May 2020 class, but other class years will be considered if the qualifications are strong
- Extensive involvement in extracurricular or co-curricular activities
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically communicate the distinctive strengths and benefits of a Southwestern legal education to multiple audiences – prospective students of different backgrounds, prelaw advisers, faculty members at undergraduate colleges and city-wide law fairs
- Prior experience working in an admissions office is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and student-centered
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage one’s time
To apply, submit a resume and letter of interest to Lisa Gear at email@example.com.