Southwestern Alum Part-Time Temporary Position
Southwestern Law School offers an exceptional opportunity for a Southwestern alum looking to work part-time on a temporary basis, as part of the Admissions staff. The Admissions Office oversees processing student applications, counseling prospective students and applicants regarding the admissions process, and many special projects as needed. The office also conducts receptions both on- and off-campus for prospective students and accepted applicants.
The successful candidate will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision and able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Office reception including answering phones, greeting students, faculty, staff and visitors
- Answering emails regarding general Admissions questions
- Data entry, processing applications, and report generation
- Preparing and managing shipments of recruitment materials to events
- Generating paper files and maintaining the file room organization
- Document preparation including word processing and proofreading
- Preparing check requests, invoice vouchers, and weekly reports for the Accounting department
- Participation during on-campus events for prospective students
- Managing work-study students’ daily tasks and providing training, as necessary
Minimum qualifications: Southwestern Law School alum; The successful candidate will possess exceptional interpersonal, service, and verbal/written communication skills; ability to promote professional office environment and provide exceptional applicant-centered assistance; good judgment; strong organizational and planning abilities; ability to work with a diverse group of people; and proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel), desktop publishing, e-mail and internet usage.
Located in mid-Wilshire, Southwestern offers a collegial work environment and competitive salary and benefits program. For consideration, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.