Transcripts may be requested by completing the Transcript Request form (PDF).
Transcripts may also be obtained through Transcripts on Demand, a secure online service offered by Scrip-Safe International. There is a processing fee of $2.25 per order, in addition to the regular transcript fees charged by Southwestern. Payment may be made by credit or debit card. Expedited delivery services are available via FedEx for an extra cost. Additional policies apply when ordering through Transcripts on Demand and should be reviewed before creating an account and requesting transcripts.
The following policies apply:
- Official and Unofficial transcripts may be requested from the Registration and Academic Records Office. Transcripts are $5.00 each (processed within 5-7 business days), payable in advance.
- Rush transcripts are $15.00 for the first copy and $5.00 for each additional copy requested at the same time (processed within 24 work hours), payable in advance.
- Normally, 5-7 working days are required for processing transcript requests, except at peak periods when more time is needed to fill all requests.
- Requests for transcripts must be made in writing because of the confidential nature of a student's records.
- If you have an outstanding financial obligation with the law school, your transcript cannot be released until such obligation is resolved with the appropriate law school office.
- Transcripts include all work completed at Southwestern. Partial transcripts are not issued.
- Official transcripts can be issued directly to students, agents or institutions.
- We do not copy other college/university or law school records.
- Transcripts mailed directly from the Registration Office to scholarship foundations for current students are free.
- Unofficial transcripts bear the "Issued to Student" stamp.
- Transcripts sent via postal mail will be sent first class through U.S. postal mail to the address indicated by the Requestor on the Transcript Request Form.
- Electronic transcripts are subject to the above policies and will be delivered through the FERPA compliant eSCRIP network provider. The Recipient's email address is required. It is the requester's responsibility to determine if the Recipient accepts electronic transcripts. Southwestern is not responsible for transcripts that are requested to be sent to unsecure email sites or the Recipient's use of said document(s). Corrections to incorrect Recipient email addresses provided by the Requestor are considered a new transaction and subject to additional fees.