Admissions Outreach Committee
The Admissions Outreach Committee consists of two sub-committees that focus on establishing active recruitment of incoming students and admission pipelines.
- Student Recruitment assists the Admissions Office by actively participating in the recruitment of students to Southwestern.
- Pipeline Initiatives will actively cultivate and establish relationships with undergraduate universities, high schools, community colleges and other organizations such as law enforcement and the armed forces to create pipelines and increase admission applications.
Advancement consists of two sub-committees that focus on fundraising and scholarships and grants.
- Fundraising and Capital Campaign works directly with the Institutional Advancement Office (IA) to assist in the fundraising plan set forth by IA and Southwestern's Board of Trustees. The committee develops strategic plans to increase alumni donations and helps secure resources that support the mission and programs of the law school.
- Scholarships and Grants is responsible for establishing and managing the criteria for the scholarship, screening the student applicants and presenting names of nominees to the Board for the Alumni Scholarship.
Alumni Engagement Committee
The Alumni Engagement Committee consists of three sub-committees that focus on alumni events, diversity, and strengthening the connection between alumni and the law school. The Alumni Engagement Committee also oversees the planning of the Awards Recognition Event.
- Alumni Events, Chapters & Associations will develop and encourage alumni participation in alumni regional receptions, assistance in maintaining a connection with regional Alumni Chapters, the Nickel Club and the Entertainment and Intellectual Property Alumni Association, and overseeing the Inn of St. Ives Program.
- Public Affairs assists with the PR and marketing of the Alumni Association and its alumni, which may include identifying key alumni to profile and recognize, creating and obtaining articles about these individuals, and maintaining an active presence on social media applications such as LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Diversity is responsible for promoting Southwestern’s commitment to diversity and members will work directly with the Diversity Affairs Office at Southwestern to plan programs and activities to celebrate Southwestern’s diversity and help continue the tradition.
Professional Development consists of two sub-committees that focus on alumni and student career placement, training and education.
- Recruitment and Placement focuses on direct recruitment and hiring of Southwestern alumni and students. They assist the Career Services Office in providing programs that facilitate and enhance the transition from law school to law practice.
- Training and Education focuses on providing substantive educational programs that will help advance the careers of Southwestern students and alumni. They work with the Career Services Office to plan activities which may include Continuing Legal Education seminars, expanding the Mock Interview Program, and recruiting mentors for the Alumni Resource Network.
Please complete the Committee Membership Application Form (PDF) to be considered.
Questions? Please contact the Institutional Advancement Office.