It is the mission of OUTlaw to:
- PROMOTE the visibility of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered, and intersexed (LGBTI) community to, and the unity of the LGBTI community with, the community at large;
- EDUCATE the community at large about legal and social conflicts and issues that affect LGBTI individuals and the LGBTI community; and
- PROVIDE LGBTI students at Southwestern with a network of support and opportunities for positive socialization with other LGBTI, and LGBTI-friendly, individuals.
The organization is affiliated with both the National Lesbian & Gay Lawyers Association (NLGLA), and the Lesbian and Gay Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (LGLA). These affiliations provide opportunities for students to network with practicing attorneys and members of the judiciary in the Los Angeles legal community, meet other LGBT students from area law schools, and participate in programs concerning LGBT rights issues.
Events & Programs:
- OUTlaw's first meeting of the year! Please attend to plan and participate.
- NLGLA's Lavender Law Conference
- LGLA's Donald L. Snow Scholarship
- National Coming Out Day
- Southwestern's GLBT Issues Public Interest Summer Fellowship
- Opportunities to volunteer at local public interest organizations, academic support from 2Ls & 3Ls, off-campus social events, & much more! Sign up on TWEN to join OUTlaw, and go to www.lgla.com for your FREE LGLA membership.
Students, faculty and staff of Southwestern may view a list of current Student Organization contacts on (log-in required). All others may contact the Student Affairs Office at (213) 738-6716 or for additional information.