This 3+3 B.A./J.D. Program allows selected students at California State University, Dominguez Hills (CSUDH) to enter Southwestern after completing only three years of undergraduate study at CSUDH under very specific and strict conditions. Participants will earn both the B.A. and J.D. under the 6-year program.
Requirements and Components of the 3+3 Program
- Eligible CSUDH students must complete all general education and major requirements by the end of their junior year.
- Participants are able to earn no more than 70 units of lower division credit from an institution other than CSUDH - all upper division courses must be taken at CSUDH (making participation in this program more difficult for transfer students).
- Participants must be exceptional and highly-motivated students.
- Students must have strong analytical and writing skills.
- CSUDH participants must consult with the 3+3 Program Director as early as possible to ensure courses and sequencing are on-track.
- Participants must have their LSAT scores available by February of their junior year at CSUDH.
- Participants must apply to Southwestern no later than February of their junior year at CSUDH.
- Eligible students must have a minimum LSAT score of 154.
- Eligible students must have a minimum comprehensive UGPA of 3.6.
- Eligible CSUDH students must be recommended by the 3+3 Program Director, and then interviewed by Southwestern.
- Eligible students are not guaranteed admission to Southwestern.
- The first year of law school must be completed with a minimum "C+" cumulative GPA.
- Full credits required for graduation from CSUDH must be earned by the end of August following the first year of law school, or by the end of December following the first year of law school for students enrolled in Southwestern's evening program.
- If a first-year law student in this program withdraws, some academic credit for law school study may be accepted toward completion of the student's Bachelor's degree at the sole discretion of CSUDH.
- These conditions are modifiable as determined by CSUDH and Southwestern.
Centrally located in the South Bay and the heart of Los Angeles, CSU Dominguez Hills is a diverse, welcoming community of learners and educators collaborating to change lives and communities for the better. Through our strong and relevant academic programs, dedicated faculty mentors, supportive staff, and attractive campus and student amenities, CSUDH is committed to connecting our students to an affordable, high-quality and transformative education while providing our communities with a vital resource for talent, knowledge, skills and leadership needed to thrive today and tomorrow.