Southwestern believes in providing a quality legal education by participating in and promoting exchange programs with schools outside of the United States. The law school also understands the importance of the Canada-U.S.-Mexico relationship in this world of globalization and encourages its students to do the same.
As a member of the North American Consortium on Legal Education (NACLE), Southwestern students have the opportunity to study abroad for a semester in Mexico or Canada at a member school for the same cost as tuition they would pay for classes on campus.
Member schools include:
- McGill University (Montreal, Quebec)
- The University of Dalhousie (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
- The University of British Columbia (Vancouver,
- The University of Ottawa (Ottawa, Ontario)
- ITESM, Monterrey Tech (Monterrey, Nuevo Leon)
Universidad Panamericana (Mexico City)
- The Instituto de Investigaciones Juridicas, UNAM
- Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas (CIDE)