Founded in 1911, as an independent, nonprofit, nonsectarian institution, Southwestern Law School has long been at the forefront of legal education. We offer a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependent children, including medical, dental, vision, Group Life/AD&D, LTD, flexible spending accounts, TIAA-CREF pension plan, vacation and sick leave.
Following is a list of current job openings. Unless otherwise indicated, applicants may apply for positions by sending a cover letter, resume and salary history to individuals or email addresses indicated in the position opening.
Southwestern is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
Current Employment Opportunities (as of 7/25/14)
Southwestern is seeking an individual interested in law school recruiting, counseling, data management, and special event planning. The ideal candidate will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision. The Admissions Counselor must function well within a team environment, have a positive disposition, and be able to successfully manage multiple responsibilities.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serving as the primary contact for prospective students which includes counseling appointments, walk-in visitors and first contact phone calls.
- Representing the law school at recruiting events and activities nationwide.
- Assisting with event planning for on campus events.
- Developing and delivering presentations at receptions and other events.
- Reviewing applicant files and making initial recommendations.
- Contributing to marketing strategies and publications.
- Maintaining and coordinating development of Entering Student Portal.
- Managing data and preparing statistical reports to evaluate and administer admissions office functions. This includes troubleshooting and data cleanup on a regular basis. Creating data/system reports as needed.
- Interviewing, hiring, supervising, and scheduling multiple work-study students; maintain Federal work study allotment of funds.
- Assisting with supervision of front office personnel.
- Managing admissions office general email as needed.
- Managing admissions office in the absence of the Admissions Officers.
- Preparing and managing shipments of recruitment materials to events.
- Generating paper files and maintaining the file room organization.
- Document creation including word processing and proofreading.
- Preparing check requests, invoice vouchers, and weekly reports for the Accounting department.
- Performing special projects as assigned.
- Other tasks related to the general mission of the admissions office to recruit, retain, and enroll a diverse and talented first-year class.
Bachelor's degree with two year's experience in admissions, recruiting or higher education; however, combined experience/education may substitute for prior experience. Knowledge of admissions database-ACES2 and/or strong skills in data management is preferred. Strong attention to detail is also preferred. Must be able to work weekends as needed, in addition to some evenings.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAW SCHOOL EXAMINATION PROCTORS
Southwestern offers seasonal employment for responsible and detail oriented individuals to serve as examination proctors for midterm, final examinations and law school admissions examinations. Proctors are responsible for the professional administration of exams and for providing an environment conducive to testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adhering to established exam policies and procedures;
- Securing, distributing and collecting exam materials;
- Reading verbal instructions, properly timing exams, collecting and recording each completed exam;
- Documenting irregularities and reporting them to the appropriate office.
- Previous experience in exam administration or at least two years of office experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and service skills;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Good judgment;
- Strong organizational and planning abilities;
- Basic computer skills;
- Availability during scheduled midterms, final and law school admissions examinations.
Southwestern provides mandatory training on exam proctoring prior to the scheduled examination period.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Personnel (236G), 3050 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010.