Founded in 1911, as an independent, nonprofit, nonsectarian institution, Southwestern Law School has long been at the forefront of legal education. We offer a competitive salary along with comprehensive benefits for employees, spouses/domestic partners, and dependent children, including medical, dental, vision, Group Life/AD&D, LTD, flexible spending accounts, TIAA-CREF pension plan, vacation and sick leave.
Following is a list of current job openings. Unless otherwise indicated, applicants may apply for positions by sending a cover letter, resume and salary history to individuals or email addresses indicated in the position opening.
Southwestern is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women and minorities are encouraged.
Current Employment Opportunities (as of 7/8/14)
LAW SCHOOL EXAMINATION PROCTORS
Southwestern offers seasonal employment for responsible and detail oriented individuals to serve as examination proctors for midterm, final examinations and law school admissions examinations. Proctors are responsible for the professional administration of exams and for providing an environment conducive to testing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Adhering to established exam policies and procedures;
- Securing, distributing and collecting exam materials;
- Reading verbal instructions, properly timing exams, collecting and recording each completed exam;
- Documenting irregularities and reporting them to the appropriate office.
- Previous experience in exam administration or at least two years of office experience;
- Excellent interpersonal and service skills;
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills;
- Good judgment;
- Strong organizational and planning abilities;
- Basic computer skills;
- Availability during scheduled midterms, final and law school admissions examinations.
Southwestern provides mandatory training on exam proctoring prior to the scheduled examination period.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com or Personnel (236G), 3050 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90010.
SOS OFFICE ASSISTANT
Southwestern offers an excellent employment opportunity for an individual interested in a career in higher education and student services. The ideal candidate will be a versatile self-starter capable of working with minimal supervision and able to coordinate and manage multiple assignments and projects successfully while interacting with a variety of constituencies.
The SOS Office Assistant position requires general administrative assistance including but not limited to:
- Document processing and coordination;
- Database management;
- Proofreading and editing;
- Telephone and reception management;
- Project coordination;
- Graphic design/desktop publishing;
- Special projects; and
- Ability to effectively manage a high volume of student, faculty and staff inquiries along with multitasking assignments needed.
Bachelor's degree with two years' experience in student, academic or administrative services. The successful candidate will also possess excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational and planning abilities, excellent verbal/written communication skills, the ability to work well as a member of a team and independently, good judgment and proficiency in computer programs (MS Word, Excel, Outlook).
For consideration, send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.